Accutek 's Spindle Capper uses the latest technology to automatically place and accurately torque most cap types onto most bottle types. The Spindle Capper can place and torque flat caps, oval caps, flip top caps, pull spouts, safety caps, child proof caps, sport caps, and caps with over-caps or induction seals. The Spindle Capper can handle almost any bottle type or shape including PET, PP, PVC, HDPE, LDPE, and Glass.
• The Spindle Capper is based on a heavy-duty Stainless Steel “C” frame with casters. This allows the unit to be moved from one production line to another with ease. All contact parts used on the Spindle Capper are Stainless Steel or a FDA/USDA approved plastic or rubber.
• A powered height adjustment allows operators to change the overall height of the unit during bottle change over effortlessly and very quickly. All diameter changes are accomplished with control knobs on the front panel. Each adjustment knob controls the pair of motors or gripper belt end so all adjustments are made “On Center” removing the chance of having spindles offset from the transport path. Gripper belt height adjustments are made quickly with no special tools required. The gripper belts can also be angled providing excellent stability to odd shaped, tapered, or non-straight wall containers. The cap chute stays in place during cap change over and has built in adjustment for different caps eliminating extra tooling costs.
• Standard machine minimum and maximum cap and container diameters limitations far exceed the industry standard. The new motor technology that Accutek uses allows the spindles and gripper belts to move without binding or causing stress on any of the unit's moving parts because every rotating assembly on the capper is directly coupled to an independent motor shaft. There are no pulleys, timing chains, belts, gears, or universal coupling shafts providing power to any shaft. The maximum and minimum container width that can be used with the STANDARD Accutek Spindle Capper is 8 ½” OD (215mm) to ¼” OD (6mm). The maximum and minimum closure size that can be used with the STANDARD Accutek Spindle Capper is 7” OD (177mm) to 0 (Zero)” OD! Container height is also very adjustable. Containers that exceed 2 ¼” in height do not require additional change parts or custom upgrades. With low profile belts, the spindle capper can cap containers greater than 1 1/8” tall. Gripper Belt motor assemblies are available for applications where Low Profile Belts are needed for shorter containers as well as full size belts for larger containers. Low profile belts may not have the gripping capacity for taller container stability.
• The power delivered to each individual spindle motor set and gripper belt set utilizes the latest in motor and control technology. Each spindle and gripper belt has it's own brushless motor and each motor pair is controlled by an independent SMART motor drive. This ensures that each motor set is rotating at exactly the same speed. This will increase the accuracy and repeatability of the set torque value without causing excessive wear to the spindle tightening discs or damage to the closure. Using this new technology also allows each set of spindles to have independent speed settings allowing for faster, more accurate throughput of containers. The final set of spindles also has a torque adjustment for fine-tuning the torque value to ensure the exact setting required is maintained.
• The spindles are manufactured with a step level height. The first set of spindles is placed higher than the last two. This allows the first set of spindles to grip the closure at the highest point. The second and third set of spindles then match the level of the closure since it has been threaded down the majority of it's travel.
• Accutek 's Automatic Spindle Capper uses a centrifugal orientation bowl with air jets. The caps fall into the machined pockets and are sent into the cap chute. If a cap is double stacked or orientated in the incorrect direction, an air jet will remove the cap from the pocket and send it to the bottom of the bowl to be picked up again. This method is extremely quiet even in a small production area or clean room. Because it uses air to assist in orientation, no vibratory feeder is needed and the capper does not increase the ambient noise level. The orientation disc speed can be controlled to match the speed of the production line. A loading sensor in the cap chute turns the power on and off to the orientation disc as needed to keep the cap chute loaded.
• Change parts for the capper require a maximum of two pieces, the orientation disc and the elbow for the cap chute. Transition between caps takes approximately 15 minutes. No special tools are required to perform the change over. Similar caps may be able to use the same change parts and similar diameter caps may only require the elbow to be changed. Because there are few change parts, cost for upgrading the capper is much lower than machines that require complex, difficult to change, or large quantities of change parts.
• The Spindle Capper is available in a Semi-Automatic configuration or fully automatic. The Semi-Automatic unit is perfect for re-torqueing caps after they have been induction sealed or when the current speed or production requirement doesn't require the cap placement feature of the Automatic unit. As speed or production requirements increase, the centrifugal bowl and cap chute can easily be added. The upgrade to fully Automatic is a simple conversion and can be done in the field. The Automatic model can be used as a re-torquer after an induction sealer, for short production runs, or used to torque pump or trigger spray closures.